Saturday, August 2, 2008

Twilight


Okay, so my friend Missy told me about these books from Stephanie Meyer (an LDS author) about a month ago and asked me if I would be interested in having a girls night out the night of the 4th book's release (which was tonight). I told her I would like to go even if I haven't read the books, just to get a girl's night out. She is gonna let me borrow her books, but in the meantime, the neighbor girl has the first book called Twilight and I am borrowing it from her. I am in the 7th chapter. In case you haven't heard of this series like I hadn't, it is about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire. I had no idea that there was such a following to this series of books until tonight. This is just one of many websites about it - http://www.twilightmoms.com/ . About 18 or so girls from our ward got together at Macaroni Grill for dessert, then walked over to Barnes & Noble so that those that reserved a copy could buy it at midnight. It was crazy in there! I have never been to a bookstore when a new book is being released. Young girls to grandmas were there to buy the new book. And when it turned midnight, there was screaming like you wouldn't believe! So if you need a good book to read, this one is recommended. Even I'm hooked and I never thought I would be into a story about vampires.

6 comments:

WillandTara said...

Ohhhhh Yeah Baby...I am almost done with NEW MOON...I started yesterday afternoon. I am driving my family nuts...I read 550 pages yesterday....Not to mention I started Twilight on Monday. ..It is dumb sometimes...but I am loving the books.

CC said...

insanity. now i have to check them out.
the last book i read was 'the other boelyn girl' and i am certian there was no madness surrounding the book or the movie - which sucked by the way. nothing like the book which was great.

Ross, Toby and Holden said...

This to me is like the 10 year stretch that I refused to use a bathroom on an airplane just because I hadn't before. It's all principle. I am not going to read them.

Becky said...

I will never discouraging reading or ... the excitement people have for something they are passionate about. However, I have known about these books for sometime and I just dont do vampire books. So I will just enjoy knowing that you do. :)

Love ya more than all the blood vampires suck!
Mom

CC said...

on second thought - vampires - not so much.
i'll stick to the classics and books covered with fabio's face and hot throbbing chest.
hahahhahah

Becky said...

CC loves Fabio!? ewwwww!!!!